Monday 7 May 2012

.....School Days.....The Best Days (Part 3).....









           When I attended Form 6 at the Maktab Sultan Abu Bakar (English College), Johor Bahru, my world opened up a little more. For the first time ever, I attended a Co-Ed school and it was really fun. I spent 1968 and 1969 at the MSAB and it was only then that I started to have boys as my friends.I suppose at that age also, we would develop an interest for the opposite sex - not so much for anything serious, but only to look at and admire in silence. Yours truly particularly, admired an Indian prefect, who was really good looking. He was the product of a mixed marriage between an Indian father and a Chinese mother. He was the brother of one of my schoolmates in SIGS. Anyhow, I just loved to watch him. He always looked smart, charming and presentable and his 'physique' was something else! He was a sportsman and excelled in athletics. He excelled in his studies too and had chosen Dental Surgery as his profession.

          I had a good time during my two years in Form 6. I suppose I was more sociable and less reserved and where studies were concerned, I really looked forward to my General Paper classes. I reckon I did okay, because every time before lessons began, my English essays were read out to the class, practically every week. I really felt proud and happy.

          Another unforgettable memory of mine revolved around my 'floral arrangement masterpieces'. I used to bring flowers from home (my mother really had 'green fingers', incidently) and my special masterpieces occupied a special corner on the teacher's table. Compliments on this score were also abundant.

          Honestly speaking, school days were the best days of my life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment