Saturday 5 May 2012

.....My Love Affair With The Radio.....





         
          During the '60s, that is the time I spent in Secondary School, the pop music scene was very much the 'IN" phenomenon. I enjoyed listening to music of practically all the pop groups and also the solo singers. My little transistor radio was my constant companion and as a means of overcoming my 'extreme loneliness' at home, I uesd to correspond with practically all the disc jockeys and radio announcers over Radio Malaysia and Radio Singapore. I used to request for songs and also participated in radio quizzes. My name became a household moniker among the other ardent radio fans, and my love for the radio stuck on with me right up to my days in the University. It was no surprise when I was dubbed the 'Transistor Girl' by my pals in campus, because everywhere I went, my transistor radio came along with me - right up into the lecture hall.
          

          My Love Affair with the Radio continued on throughout my working years, right up until this very day, when I'm enjoying my retirement years. Now and again, you can still hear the name 'Hasnah Rahimah Rahim' being mentioned on air, particularly over Brian Richmond's "Vintage Sundays" Radio Show, over Singapore's favourite radio station, GOLD 90 FM. Long Live my best buddy forever, the Radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment