Saturday 5 May 2012

.....FRIENDS by Alexandra Ginty.....

I was given a beautiful card that read:
“The Purpose of Life is a Life of purpose”
Now I live on this side of cancer, liking the strength and authenticity it changed, in fact seeing a difference in my eyes in photos after cancer – a new spirit…
This poem was written as I discovered that gift of friends
Friends
When cancer hits a deadly blow
And fighting so hard is where you must go
Colleagues come from far and wide
To offer help and be by my side
Surgeon, doctor, nurse or friend
Skill of the knife or listening ear lend
Giving their talents is all they can do
Making the journey is all up to you
The sickness and pain is so hard to bear
But around every corner my friends are all there
To cheer me on like the crowd of a race
And pull me on to keep up the pace
Every stride, every minute moves to the past
Through chemo and surgery and on to the last
But last is a hard one as all of you know
A living uncertainty time only will show
When asked what I learned most of all I can tell
Was friendship of colleagues to help me get well
You never can see till its taken away
How much of you loves to help people each day
Returning to hugs  a patient tells me
That we all have a path and how big mine will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment