Thursday 31 October 2013

.....More Reminiscing.....



Nostalgia  seems to have overwhelmed me, of late.....Hmmmmm.....
















TOWER TALL


"I gave my love a diamond, whisper slow
I made my love a promise, tower tall
I said, one day just wait
I'll buy the world for you
One day you'll see, 
my promise will come true.

She looked down at the diamond, whisper slow
and said it sparkles brighter than them all
She said I'll need no more
as long as I may live
You gave me love
What greater gift can anyone give?

And so I made a promise, in reply
A promise that I will honour, till I die
The love I have for you, maybe the whisper slow
My love will be forever 
TOWER TALL...."

(Gene Pitney)


WITHOUT YOU


"No, I can't forget this evening
On your face as you were leaving
But I guess that's just the way the story goes..
You always smile, but in your eyes your sorrow shows..
Yes, it shows...

No, I can't forget tomorrow
When I think of all my sorrow
When I had you there, but then I let you go..
And now, it's only fair that I should let you know..
What you should know...

I can't live if living is without you
I can't live, I can't give anymore
I can't live if living is without you
I can't give, I can't give anymore....."

(Harry Nilsson)

No comments:

Post a Comment