Thursday 15 March 2018

.....What's In A Name?.....




 
 



*While there are 'those people', at one end, there are also those who bring comfort in times of need. God sends messages in the strangest of ways. At a time when life seemed so bleak, who would have thought those silly bumper stickers could make an impact on yourself.
 
"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade", "Life is a bowl of cherries, if you learn to swallow the pits". Corny? Without a doubt! Cliched? Most definitely!
 
But the thing is, they worked for me.  They became something to ponder on and get a grip on life. By God, if  this is my barrel of lemons, let's make the best lemonade in town and even throw the best party anyone has ever seen!
 
It's funny how with acceptance, doors seem to open, and help and options seem to come stumbling in to make everything alright for you. It's as though with acceptance , the Universe is there to let good things come your way.
 
After that, it seems as if there's a corny line to fit every experience I'm going through.
 
My journey is never a bed of roses, but life is like that. "I will survive", with its opening line: First I was afraid, I was petrified....." YES, I WAS PETRIFIED! NOW, I WILL SURVIVE!
 
I still don't find certain terms and phrases funny, but the sting is less painful.
 
My point? Let the names and labels wash over you, accept them, and move on. As Shakespeare wrote in Romeo And Juliet: "What's in a name? That which we call Rose, by any other name, would smell just as sweet."*
 
 
(This article was written by Juneita Johari, in The New Sunday Times, on 05/12/10)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment