Saturday 14 March 2020

.....Looking Back To Fifty-Five Years Ago.....

 
Ever since my school days, I'd always loved sewing. Reckon I'd picked up the interest from my late Mom, who was a very good seamstress. She used to singlehandedly sew lovely dresses for all her eight daughters. As for me, I opted to do Needlework as one of the subjects that I sat for in the LCE/SRP Examinations, way back in 1965. The 'masterpieces' I churned out were two cute little smocking frocks, of pretty pink and soothing green hue.
 
 
Pretty Pink
 


Soothing green
 
My Needlework teacher was Mrs Molly Hussein and she got orders for me to sew several smocking frocks for her fellow teachers' little daughters. I recall sewing for Mrs Yolanda Parry's and Mrs Sudhakaran's daughters, respectively.
 
For my SPM/MCE Examination, I sewed a two-piece outfit, namely a fitting light blue skirt and a sleeveless white blouse with pretty embroidered flowers on them.
 
Yours truly

No comments:

Post a Comment