Sunday 5 August 2018

.....I'm already 69.....



My 69th birthday fell yesterday, Saturday, 4.8.18. This year, I thought I'd do something different, that is to observe my special day, outstation. Thus, my Princess and I left for KL on early Friday morning  (3.8.18). We took the City Express bus, which left TUTA Central at 10 am. We safely reached TBS at 2 pm, and we had lunch at Pak Hailam Kopitiam, straight after that. A cab took us to Jalan Masjid India. At 4 pm thereabouts, we checked into Citin Hotel, Room 314. After resting our spines, we headed for Jalan Masjid   India to do a small shopping - several cotton baju kurung, for Princess's colleagues, several white T-shirts for the man of the house, a jersey for Prince and a head scarf for yours truly. For dinner, we had our favourite roti canai special aka roti banjir at the mamak shop at Selangor Mansion. We had dinner with a friend who came from Cheras to meet us. After dinner, it was back to our room to do our own thing, before heading for slumberland.
 
The next morning, we had my birthday breakfast at the hotel's coffee house. The buffet spread was good. After packing our things, we checked out at 11 am. It was off to TBS after that, via the Rapid LRT. We consumed our birthday lunch at the Teratai Coffee House. Then, it was down to Gate 9 to wait for our Mayang Sari Express bus home. ETD was 2 pm. We reached Larkin Central at 6 pm and reached home some  thirty minutes later. It was a good short breakaway from the mundane routine at home. Anyway, I did receive quite a few birthday greetings from my FB friends, near and far, but the saddest part about my 69th birthday, was that I DID NOT receive any greetings from my own flesh and blood, my surviving siblings! This was truly pathetic! Honest! I really can't fathom what had made our  love for each other die, and our once strong relationship crumble to smithereens! It's really, really sad! SIGH!

 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment